2/13/2007

Henry Jenkins admits that 90% of user-generated content is crud. And he is the world's leading champion of user-generated content!

So this falls in the 90. It might even be the worst. video. ever. It's called Goodbye Anna Nicole - Candle in the Wind 2007 - JME and its creator, Mike, offers this caveat: "I would be the first to admit I am not a singer so to any comments about the vocals I would quote Catherine Tate 'am I bothered'". Huh? It begins:
Goodbye Anna Nicole
Though I never knew you at all
You had the grace to hold yourself
While those around you crawled
They crawled out of the woodwork
And they whispered into your brain
They set you on the treadmill
That gave you so much heartache
Oh boy.

Have you been watching Anna on the cable nets? I'm with Jarvis, who writes, "Watching the coverage certainly makes me want to wash it off me."

(Pardon my opportunistic use of Jenkins...his post is of course very thoughtful and makes an excellent point about the value of participatory culture being as much about process as it is about product.)

1 comment:

zoe p. said...

quick note to say that I found the Gawker obit for Anna Nicole Smith quite moving and the NYT piece on same unbearably tacky.