2/19/2009

Hulu, etc.

Let's see if I understand the Hulu/Boxee story: the TV networks don't want you to watch TV on the internet on your TV? I don't know how that's going to work out for them long-term.

Design Observer Part I and Part II of a conversation about cinema. The conversation part doesn't interest me all that much, but the scans of covers of old movie magazines, journals, and books are fantastic. They even have one of The Velvet Light Trap, which many friends of the blog and I used to edit.

More on Pirate Bay: the pirates come off as fools, maybe on purpose.

Way more on Facebook's ToS.

Obit of Ben Blank, innovator in TV news graphics. I found the obit to be richly informative about the history of television graphics.

Defamer's 'In Memoriam' Oscar Montage Pool. I pick Paul Newman to end the montage.

Finally, for your Oscar Nite celebrations, may I recommend Champagne cocktails: a cube of sugar in the bottom of a flute glass, a few drops of Angostura bitters, and fill with Champagne (or an affordable substitute like Cava). You'll want to have a few of those in your belly so that you won't care so much when Slumdog wins its 10th award.

No comments: